|Reference # :||21-00174||Title :||AML Analyst|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/22/2021 / 08/21/2021|
The AML Analyst is responsible for performing AML Reviews/Investigations of account activity, and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) and/or relationship termination, as appropriate. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with relevant Citi AML policies and procedures. Cases are generated from sources which include:
1. Automated Monitoring System (e.g. Mantas)
2. Client-On boarding and Maintenance and Transaction monitoring referrals
3. Referrals from business partners and other control areas
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Document and report the review/investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and Law Enforcement.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) consistent with FinCEN requirements
- Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- May provide direction to more junior staff.
- Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 - 5 years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
- Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking preferred.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
- Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- CAMS certification preferred
Please see our complete list of jobs at: