|Reference # :||21-00486||Title :||Agile Engineer/Coach|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/26/2021 / 10/26/2021|
Agile Infrastructure Engineer
The term "engineer” is used in Scaled Agile so hence the reference – not really engineering as we traditionally know it but how it is applied.
• The Senior Agile Coach will be a crucial member to support the Head of Finance Transformation utilizing the SAFe Agile methodology. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Deep leadership, problem-solving, communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in the following areas: finance, the businesses, risk, operations and technology. The position could result in full-time employment.
• Provide Agile coaching, which will require expertise in Agile Scrum, SAFe – All aspects, Extreme Programming, Test driven development and Kanban principles, methods and techniques
• Lead identification and creation of format for Agile Life cycle management tool – Jira, Confluence Symphony
• Ensure there is a tool infrastructure in place to support the agile transformation. Associated stop-gap solutions while we build the final solutions
• Plan and execute the roll out of that infrastructure across time and associated adoption strategy and training
• Onboard third party tools, manage Jira instances, create and maintain the confluence site, enable automate reporting and more.
• Instruct managers on the basics of Agile tools, such as Scrum and Kanban
• Mentor: Focusing on people and Continuous Improvement all the time; provide team a platform for improvement not only during the retro but all the time. Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
• Deliver effective training classes on a variety of Agile transformation related topics as well as contribute to customer design
• Set up the required infrastructure required to run Scaled Agile effectively.
• Be prepared to act as Product Manager/Owner or scrum master when teams are lacking these roles or learning them.
• At times, manage a team of contracting Agile coaches as needed
• 5-10 years delivering projects in an Agile manner
• Must have SAFe SPC
• Must have Jira Tooling Certificate
• Strong project management background but works at getting things done
• Extensive experience in Agile tool identification, implementation and customization
• Exposure to the banking or finance function domain a must
• Excellent organizational oral and written and communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
• Ability to thrive in an environment with a high degree of change
• Ability to manage organizational change initiatives
• Be relentlessly focused on Outcome driven development
• Proven ability to guide the breaking down of large scale projects into SMART incremental objectives
• Veteran in marrying Agile with Waterfall as necessary to deliver enterprise wide SAFe initiatives
• Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master's degree
Please see our complete list of jobs at: