|Reference # :||21-00306||Title :||Agile Coach|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/22/2021 / 03/22/2022|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Senior and seasoned Agile Coach who will partner with several SMEs on within IT, business product teams and functional areas across multiple sites and large scale teams.
The selected candidate will have an impact for driving aspects of the agile transformation. The candidate must be an experienced individual who has previously served as Agile coach on highly distributed team(s); experience leading Agile/Scrum adoption in the past, and has experience in software delivery methodologies. We are seeking someone with a true passion for the delivery of great customer experience as well as operational excellence – while nurturing the team under their care. Working in close collaboration with key senior business and technology leaders across the firm, this leader is accountable to drive technology vision, development and delivery, operational stability and quality process improvements, adhering to and implementing Agile principles. You will be recognized as a subject matter expert who is comfortable practicing and coaching agility culture and mindset. Provide leadership and technical expertise to teams in broad technical areas: systems analysis, software design, software development, quality assurance, performance characterization and release engineering
Certifications - Required - PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Professional) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar certification
- Preferred - Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
Education - BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
Experience - Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach
- Experience working within Agile Software Delivery environments and driving organization through transformational changes.
- Experience scaling agile to a product line and organization with a lean/agile approach while meeting the controls needed in a financial industry.
- Experience with one or more agile tools (such as Jira, RTC, Rally or Version One) and agile frameworks (Kanban, scrum, lean etc.
- Knowledge and experiences with agile techniques, processes and tools that enable the rapid definition, design, build, integration and test of fully working code
- Experience leading training sessions and/or workshops
- Experience working with senior executives and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence senior executives in decisions critical to adoption and implementation of Agile practice.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how each area (i.e., architecture, deployment, design) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills and proven ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches; must be able to be a voice of reason and authority.
- Excellent skills and knowledge situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Preferred – Experience creating training presentations and/or videos
- Preferred – Spanish speaking and translation
Core Responsibilities - Own, advocate, and coach existing and new teams on Agile methodology and scrum practices, multiple teams in parallel if needed.
- Coach and mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Developers with regards to the application of Agile practices
- Guides teams in the adoption of Agile software development practices (writing user stories, release schedules and integration planning, scrum meetings, velocity and capacity planning).
- Regularly assess the Agile and Scrum maturity of the teams through retrospectives, metrics and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Influences strategic as well as tactical decisions through advice, counsel or provided services which directly impact the business of software delivery.
- Provide real time feedback to the methodology team based on experiences with software delivery teams
- Creates high quality training materials and videos related to processes and Agile practices
- Be a change agent and foster a learn by doing environment
- Persuade and influence others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills
- Provides support for development of a sustainable Agile Center of Excellence and internal Agile Communities of Practice. Identify and coach internal champions and develop Agile Working Groups
- Drive agile transformation initiatives serving in a consultant and coaching capacity.
Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and communicate risk and impacts
- Effectively and strategically collaborate with business and technology groups on technology definition and delivery
- Strong people leadership, ability to form effective teams, assess talent, develop people, coach, mentor, and course-correct
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to solve complex business problem as part of a product model – emulate the "test and learn” philosophy
Please see our complete list of jobs at: