Agency & Trust Ops ManagerFacts
- Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub perform the contractual obligation activities for more than 300 contracts for the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil and Argentina.
- Our business handles a wide variety of types of contracts. No contract is the same; all are tailor made, according to the needs of the clients.
- Each Latin America Country has their own regulations that the candidates must to understand, has a comprehensive knowledge, and be aware of each change of the regulation.
- The candidate must have good skills in learning the different systems depending on the country that will be under his/her responsibility.
- Keep in mind that the candidate will have a short learning curve, due to the complex and dynamic nature of the business. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of this challenge.
- The candidate have to have the ability to work (monitoring) closely with the team in order to ensure that all the process and activities have dully executed without error and losses. He / she is responsible of the correct execution of the process on the daily basis.
Day-to day responsibilities Contractual Obligations
- Independently administer and manage LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to – end, including the process coordination with internal areas.
- Responsible to ensure the correct operational deal implementation and deal termination activities related to the Agency & Trust product.
- Responsible to ensure the correct execution of payment / transfers for Agency & Trust area if complying with A&T agreements signed by the parties thought Client Platforms.
- Responsible to provide local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators on time.
- Responsible to ensure the correct billing process for the services provided.
- Responsible to ensure the correct Performance of the collateral obligations accordingly to contract rules (calculation, waterfall, etc.).
- Support Front & Middle Office, as well as, internal areas related to client demands or internal process for Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub.
- Responsible to provide accurate metrics and implement controls related to all activities performed as defined by internal Policies.
- Responsible to ensure the integrity of information, tasks and obligations of contracts in the system, to control and monitor them.
- Responsible to ensure the correct use of our Issuer Services Core system as a tool for daily basis activities to be performed for all agreements.
- Lead the different projects related to Issuer Services business in order to improve process and reduce risk and manual intervention.
- Work on holidays and at different time - zones in order to provide the proper services for Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub.
Accounting, Payments and Reconciliation
- Responsible to read, analyze, and understand the different contracts for each clients in different jurisdictions, to be able to perform the contractual obligations of the deal.
- According to the lecture of each contract, responsible to provide the necessary comments to the checklist provided (Transactional Checklist, Documentation Checklist, Deal Implementation checklist, Termination Checklist, and Accounting guideline).
- Review and approve the operational activities into the Issuer Services Workstation platform according to the transactional Checklist.
- Review and approve the evidence of each task performed into the system or Sharedrive.
- Review and approve the day-to-day activities according to the contractual obligations for each client, using our core system as tickler.
- Perform collateral obligations accordingly to contract rules (calculation, waterfall, notifications, etc.)
- Review and approve (according to the A&T contract and frequency) the commission collection letters to the clients.
- Review and approve operational deal implementation and deal termination activities related to the Agency & Trust product in Latin America.
Administrative and Reporting
- Review and approve the information of the instructions received by the client into the payment system, in order to make the distributions of funds (domestic transfers, Checks, International transfers, book to book) according to the contracts.
- Review and approve accounting entries, into the core system, according to the contract obligations.
- Responsible to have the correct record of the commissions and its monthly accrual according to the Fee Schedule of each contract.
- Responsible to have a complete and accurate control log on a daily basis, in order to ensure that all instructions received were performed.
- Responsible to have, on a daily basis, the balance of the accounts affected reconciled.
- Act as account owner of the balance sheet review in the E-recon system, with the supporting documentation.
- Responsible to provide local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators for Latin American Countries.
- Review and approve the monthly (internal) financial statements of the trust agreements.
- Review and approve metrics and controls related to all activities performed as defined by bank Policies or internal decision.
- Review and approve the reports for each Latin American Countries: a) Billing Report, b) Aging Report, c) Account balance reports, among others.
- On a daily basis, review and approve the activities performed during the day through the operational checklist of the area.
- Lead internal Projects related to Agency & Trust business.
- Support LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to - end, including the process of coordinating with other teams based on a different country.
- Responsible to have the procedures, instructions, manuals and checklist of the area updated
- Be aware of the emails received from internal and external clients, and provide a response in a timely manner.
- Work on holidays and at different time-zones to service the respective Latin American countries.
- Act as backup of other supervisors of the area.
- Review and approve all the evidence for the Self-Assessment process in the systems.
- Provide support in any other activity that is assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Specialization in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Legal.
- Preferably, experience in Agency and Trust business in a financial institution (Capital Markets and Fiduciary Products) or minimum 5 Years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentations skills in English and Spanish, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate complex and sensitive issues to management. Portuguese (desirable)
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills. Experience managing group of people.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to draft detailed operating procedures, training materials, and tools
- Possess a sense of urgency with the ability to strive in a fast-paced high-energy work environment.
- Quick learner. Ability for a good understanding of activities, policies, procedures, regulations of different countries and concepts of the work area.
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents.
- This position requires the use of multiples systems at the same time, in that sense the candidate must have the ability to absorb the modules and commands of the systems that will be used on a day-to-day basis.
- This position requires knowledge of the bank's policies, in order to execute the activities aligned to it. In that sense, the candidate must have the ability to fully understand the policies that govern our business and be updated of changes in them.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: