Agency & Trust Analyst Job DescriptionFacts:
Day-to day responsibilitiesGeneral Administrative activities
- Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub perform the contractual obligation activities for more than 300 contracts for the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, and Argentina.
- Our business handles a wide variety of types of contracts. No contract is the same; all are tailor made, according to the needs of the clients.
- Each Latin America Country has their own regulations that the candidates must to understand, has a comprehensive knowledge, and be aware of each change of the regulation.
- The candidate must have good skills in learning the different systems depending on the country that will be under his/her responsibility.
- Keep in mind that the candidate will have a short learning curve, due to the complex and dynamic nature of the business. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of this challenge.
- Individual mapped to this job description is responsible for Agency & Trust transaction processing execution. Typically related to Issuer Services LATAM Operations.
- Perform operational activities during the phases of Implementation, Administration, and Termination according to the Agency & Trust deal agreements.
- Support LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to - end, including the process of coordinating with other teams based on a different country.
- Follows established procedures to identify problems related to Operational activities that require investigation or research.
- Update of procedures, instructions, manuals, and checklist of the area.
- Delivers reports to satisfy management requirements and support control activities.
- Provide assistance regarding Projects related to Agency & Trust business.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through increased knowledge of procedural requirements - understands and monitors errors to adhere to audit and control policies. (incl. reconciliation, payments and other processing systems).
- Timely management and escalation of all requests inquiries issues errors.
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of understanding of products and processes, and of how duties relate integrate with others in the team and closely related teams
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of bank related systems
- Utilizes strong communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex sensitive information, while being sensitive to audience diversity
- Act as backup of other positions of the Issuer Services Ops group (as required).
- Work on holidays and at different time-zones to service the respective Latin American countries.
- Contractual Obligations: Read, analyze, and understand the different contracts for each client in different jurisdictions. Execute the day-to-day activities according to the contractual obligations for each client, using our core system as tickler.
- Accounting, Payments and Reconciliation: Input the information of the instructions received by the client into the payment system, in order to make the distributions of funds (domestic transfers, Checks, International transfers, book to book) according to the contracts.
- Reporting: Produce local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators for Latin American Countries. Support on the preparation the monthly (internal) financial statements of the trust agreements. Provide metrics and controls related to all activities performed as defined by bank Policies or internal decision.
- Bachelor's/University degree, preferred with Specialization in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting.
- Minimum 2 Years' experience in the financial service industry.
- Proficiency in English, Spanish and Portuguese (desirable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work properly and effectively as a member of the Operations Team, aimed at achieving the group's objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines, high volume, and demanding environment.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent client relationship skills, as will be having daily interaction
- Proven interpersonal skills. Customer focused. Highly organized and proactive.
- Quick learner. Ability for a good understanding of activities, policies, procedures, regulations of different countries and concepts of the work area.
- This position requires knowledge of the bank's policies, in order to execute the activities aligned to it. In that sense, the candidate must have the ability to fully understand the policies that govern our business and be updated of changes in them.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: