Accounting Associate Analyst
|Reference # :||21-00341||Title :||Accounting Associate Analyst|
|Location :||Columbus, OH|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/29/2021 / 02/28/2022|
Candidate needs to have at least 3+ years exp in the professional world. No newbies.
The Fund Accounting Intermediate Associate Analyst is an entry level position responsible for assisting in a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the calculation of daily and periodic Net Asset Valuations (NAVs) for funds and the distribution of associated unit prices.
- Support the distribution fund data to internal and external business partners as well as coordinate and review offshore production activities
- Ensure accurate fund records through review of reconciliation reports
- Assist in completing all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements as well as assist with the preparation of financial statements, regulatory filings, and board materials
- Communicate cash position to the investment advisor as well as research cash and funding holdings differences with custodian
- Assist with processing, balancing, and reconciling shareholder activity with transfer agent
- Calculate daily net asset value and market value of portfolio holdings
- Provide assistance on audits and review work for adherence to procedures and compliance requirements
- Analyze and monitor client budgets and ensure fund expenses are paid in a timely manner
- Assist in preparing and calculating tax information and reporting requirements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major Investment Group, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at: