|Reference # :||17-00971||Title :||UX Designer|
|Location :||Long Island City, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/12/2017 / 06/12/2018|
The Fintech Lab positions Major Global Bank as a disruptive thought leader by accelerating innovation on our journey to win a customer-centric, digital world.
With very little upfront investment, the Lab is able to test new ideas and solve critical business problems by co-creating with customers in a fail-early, fail-smart process.
The Lab builds Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) that are customer-tested and technology-proven, preparing our business partners to be able to quickly and confidently develop Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) of successful concepts to pilot in market. Failed POCs create learning and development that inform future explorations. This work is accomplished by a dedicated Lab team of business, product, design, and technology experts in collaboration with internal and external partners, enabling Major Global Bank to continually go beyond customer expectations.
Are you passionate about designing remarkable customer experiences that leverage technology in productive and meaningful ways-Do you want to help grow an iconic, global brand that enables millions of people to accomplish amazing things?
As a UX Designer at Major Global Bank, you will combine your passion for digital innovation, conceptual thinking, pixel-perfect design, and flawless delivery to create omni-channel brand experiences. You will work directly with internal stakeholders to understand what drives their business, reach a shared vision of how to solve their problems while serving their customers, and ultimately to help them to succeed.
You will be expected to lead by example by constantly developing your own skills and staying ahead of new design trends and techniques.
The responsibilities of a Designer include:
- Invent and inspire customer experiences that are disruptive, simple, and bold by design.
- Work with a small group of agile team members consisting of Creatives, Strategists, Product Owners and Project Managers to ideate & develop effective, compelling, innovative customer experiences across all channels.
- Create wireframes, UI designs and prototypes for internal and external user testing.
- Help with all aspects of design production, including presentations, to take projects from concept to completion.
- Strong layout design skills and ability to convey complex ideas visually.
- Experience working within style guides and applying across a variety of projects.
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, project parameters, and be able to creatively problem solve.
- Embrace and apply Design Thinking principles with Lean UX methodologies.
- Develop original interaction and design concepts.
- Experiment with new tools and techniques and share your learning.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives.
Experience and requirements:
- 3-5+ years design experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Design, User Experience or related field.
- Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on visual and UX solutions
- Intimate knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator is a must. After Effects and InDesign is a plus), PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- Understanding of interaction design, and designing intuitive user interfaces and navigation for mobile and web.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to rapid prototype creative concepts is a must.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- You posses a strong curiosity and desire to make the complex clear.
- You do whatever it takes to get things done, there is no job too small or too big.
- You always keep the end-user in mind when designing a solution.
- You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
- You have a collaborative working style; focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
- You are open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance.
- You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
- You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
- You are detailed oriented and can find clarity despite ambiguity.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary