Trade Analytics Business Analyst
|Reference # :||17-00883||Title :||Trade Analytics Business Analyst|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/05/2017 / 06/04/2018|
The Trade Analytics Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Global Business Expense Transparency organization, focusing on developing & managing trade expense analytics and metrics.
The role will involve development and enhancement of Investment Bank's Trade Cost Calculator and Analytics platform, which is a best in class system designed to provide insight into Investment Bank's trading costs and activities. Responsibility will include gathering the requirements for new build outs, working with technology teams to implement the requirements and also designing dashboards and metrics around this for the front office and other functions to assist in driving cost optimization strategies.
The role will involve interacting with the trading desks, business management & internal stakeholders at a senior level around the analytics that are produced to address new requirements, enhancements and metrics.
A key part of this role will also be interacting closely with counterparts in EMEA, APAC and the US to understand current processes carried out across the regions & teams and the fundamentals of the products that are managed in terms of trade data structures and key metrics.
The Business Expense Transparency group is a global function with the mandate of optimizing Transaction Expense costs and implementing best in class expense management practices. The team has a strong presence in NAM, EMEA & APAC.
This function establishes governance frameworks, originates, delivers and tracks savings initiatives as well as drives transparency & analytics efforts.
The team consists of four main disciplines:
1. Expense Efficiency - Focused on identifying savings initiatives and leading/driving these forward.
2. Trade Expense Analytics - Responsible for producing Trading expense analytics to facilitate transparency & ultimately reduce expenses.
3. BCE Expense Reporting and Analytics
4. Operations – Invoice processing and oversight of Brokerage, Clearing & Exchange Fees
The team looks at all areas of the expense base including demand management, expense reporting and analysis, as well as, expense oversight and data transparency.
- Drive trade analytics projects and manage them from inception to delivery
- Coordinate system development work streams between BA and Tech functions
- Gathering requirements and analyzing new metrics for enhancing our reporting and MI & for new on boarding requests.
- Working closely with Technology throughout the Software delivery lifecycle to deliver new requirements and projects
- Assist in producing robust analytics & reports to identify expense trends and cost drivers for trading expenses
- Interact with the global efficiency, business transparency and operations teams to understand their functions and provide analytical guidance and advancements.
- In depth exposure to capital markets and investment banking activities including products traded, life cycles of trades and key market participants for various products
- Opportunity to develop multi-product knowledge across all asset classes and businesses Globally
- Opportunity to coordinate, lead and deliver high profile trade transparency initiatives, interacting with the Global group.
- Proven track record within an Investment Banking or Technology role is a must with at least 5 years' relevant experience required to be considered.
- Experience/Appreciation of the Software delivery lifecycle required
- Knowledge of products traded across Fixed Income, Currencies and Equities preferred
- Understanding of trade flow processes / systems preferred
- Experience of Brokerage, Clearance and Exchange fees ideal
- Strong PC skills essential including MS Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Project management or similar technology related qualification beneficial (e.g. PRINCE, ITIL)
- SQL knowledge
- Database Administration (DBA) knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Finance, Business or Economics
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical skills a prerequisite
- Confident under pressure with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary