|Reference # :||17-01373||Title :||SDN Developer|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/01/2017 / 08/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with our partners to analyze SDN use-case requirements
- Defining the tasks and time/effort estimates to develop SDN use-cases
- Ensuring high quality software development with complete documentation.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of application bugs
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the team on software development and best practices
- Working closely with external vendors to ensure their software products are fit for purpose.
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Hands on development experience in Java (4+ Years) (essential)
- Experience with Linux platforms (essential)
- Experience with SQL and other standard database query tools (essential)
- Experience working on software development projects (essential)
- Experience with data modelling languages such as YANG, XML and JSON (essential)
- Development experience in Python (advantageous but not essential)
- Knowledgeable in networking products and technologies from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Arista (advantageous but not essential)
- Knowledgeable in SDN orchestration and controller architectures such as Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (Tail-f), Openstack and OpenDaylight (advantageous but not essential)
- A degree in a Computing, Mathematical, or Engineering discipline (preferred)
You will also need to be / have:
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work with multiple parallel deliverables
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and self-driven.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary