Product Manager - Hedge Funds
|Reference # :||17-01513||Title :||Product Manager - Hedge Funds|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/02/2017 / 07/31/2018|
Global Managed Investments
Product Manager - Hedge Funds
The role of the Product Manager is to oversee the product development and ongoing product management
for Hedge Funds that are offered to Major Global Bank Private Bank's client base. The individual will be responsible for all
functions related to development of new products and management of the existing product suite globally.
- Work with GMI Hedge Fund Research Team to identify new investment opportunities in the relevant
- Co-ordinate with GMI Regional Sales Heads and Regional Product management teams to establish
specific product needs and to assess demand for each new fund.
- Direct and manage the product development process from product creation to the ultimate launch of
- Partner with other functional departments such as Legal, Tax, Risk and Compliance to design
appropriate product structures, create constitutive offering documents and coordinate with the
Product Approval Committee to obtain approval for launch of products.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to product launch and training.
- Act as the internal repository of product knowledge and continuously provide marketing support to
the sales team by ensuring that documents and processes are kept up to date to facilitate ease of
transacting on platform.
- Manage relationships with external investment managers and hedge fund service providers in
conjunction with the Hedge Research Analyst.
- Manage activities related to product modifications and ensure adequate communication of product
changes across departments including GMI Sales Team, Legal, Compliance and others.
- Manage client reporting process, resolve all issues related to product implementation and work with
Operations teams to ensure adequate support for ongoing offering of products.
- Work with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Tax and Risk to carry out periodic review of
products to ensure that they are offered within policies and regulations.
- Take on ad-hoc projects related to product development, management and fund regulation.
- Work with Operations and Technology on development projects.
- Working knowledge of alternative investments, preferably hedge funds; private equity experience will
be considered as well.
- 5 years or more experience in a product management and development, sales support, product
support, investor relations, investor services, or a similar role in financial services.
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred; MBA and/or CFA a plus. Series 7 and
63 a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively
within the firm as well as externally.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of fund offering documents and agreements a plus.
- Broad understanding of regulatory, taxation and compliance issues related to alternative
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary