Market Data Risk Analyst - Analyst
|Reference # :||17-01125||Title :||Market Data Risk Analyst - Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||07/07/2017|
|Job Summary & Responsibilities|
The Market Data team sits within the Data Platforms pillar handling global access to financial market data sourced both internally and externally from the firm. The Market Data Risk function manages commercial, technology and vendor risks within the Market Data team. As a risk analyst, you will be responsible for reviewing and mitigating the commercial risk associated with consuming data via internally developed applications in the firm. Your role involves close interaction with application owners and vendor managers to review and recertify applications for their market data consumption, assess the potential risk, and mitigate the identified risk.
The role provides the opportunity to directly contribute to managing the firms operating costs by building data analytics and automated workflow that help end-users to manage their market data subscriptions effectively. You will be responsible for developing data collection, modelling and visualization analytics that correlate usage with user inventories. The role will provide the opportunity to partner with divisional management and business unit leadership teams to implement expense management initiatives.
Our team develops standard, best practice, processes and tools to proactively identify, mitigate and manage market data commercial risk across all divisions. We manage external exchange and vendor audits mandated by vendor agreements. We look for opportunity to enhance control process and leverage toolset to automate the processes. Team members have the opportunity to gain deeper understanding of control mechanism, exchange and vendor policies, and vendor reporting process.
MARKET DATA delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong analytical skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Manage Market Data commercial risk throughout the application life cycle, including but not limited to review, analysis, documentation, remediation, cost estimate, and recertification
- Interface with application and development community to conduct deep-dive review to understand the use case for market data consumption
- Coordinate with market data vendor reporting team to ensure appropriate reporting persists for internal applications
- Provide guidance to application owners and developers on the standard and best practice for commercial compliance
- Review the existing control process, and identify gaps and areas for improvement
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in market data application compliance review and risk mitigation
- Strong technical knowledge with respect to entitlement mechanism, application architectures, data flows and design
- Strong communications and influencing skills -ability to interact confidently with application developers and development managers
- Strong project management skills and a strong analytical mindset
- Successful candidate will be a team player, demonstrate drive and initiative and show a pro-active problem-solving approach
- Knowledge of DACS
- Experience with MDM
- SQL coding and scripting skills
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary