Low Latency Network Analyst
|Reference # :||17-00918||Title :||Low Latency Network Analyst|
|Location :||Irving, TX|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/05/2017 / 12/31/2017|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
This job can be done in NY/NJ, TX, MN
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the organizations data networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the systems users, clients and vendors. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting key LAN/WAN/Security infrastructures, as well as infrastructure that will support Low Latency trading platforms; provide high-level technical support for Low Latency trading network platforms; create and maintain network documentation; maintain hardware and software standards; and work on projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improve communication equipment and procedures. This role actively maintains architectural and operational sustainability for global trading platforms.
This is a high pressure position where candidates are expected to pay attention to detail and work to deliver on-time and in budget.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Design, plan, install, test and support LAN and WAN network hardware and software as it pertains to routers, switches and monitoring software, with specific experience in Cisco product lines
- Design, plan, implement, and maintain networking/ security components: Direct Connect, IGMP v2, V3, Routing, PIM Routing, subnet creation, IPS/IDS, and overall security of trading platforms.
- Establish and maintain appropriate security configurations and controls for all network components.
- Establish and maintain tools and procedures for regular and frequent monitoring of network alerts.
- Design, plan, install and maintain adequate disaster recovery capabilities to meet the production support needs of the business.
- Create and follow documentation for systems, processes and procedures appropriate for the role, which may include network device information, configuration & change management, security monitoring, disaster recovery, etc.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for network issues.
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the department's needs.
- Follow all IT Department policies and procedures.
- Follow all structure change management policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience supporting LAN/WAN in enterprise environments in a senior capacity.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with various Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Minimum of 10 years multicast in an electronic trading environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing service providers around network management and support
- Experience in Low Latency trading platforms or banking infrastructure..
- Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms.
- Experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, static route advertisement, PIM MCAST.
- WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, MPLS, Colo cross-connects
- Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN
- Experience with Management & Monitoring Tools, trending and analysis
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with individuals across all areas and levels of the company.
- Vendor/Contract/Service Provider Management experience, especially relating to fully-managed Network providers.
- Must have demonstrable experience (re-)architecting and implementing a secure network topology for a multi-site global organization.
- Experience working in an organization with structured and disciplined change management controls.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary