|Reference # :||17-01387||Title :||Java Engineer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/01/2017 / 08/31/2018|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Description of the Group:
Our Group designs, develops and supports a Distributed Data and Process Virtualization and Provisioning Platform. The Platform allows Business-level Automated Data Management:
- Real-time and/or batch Federation and Integration of geographically distributed and technology heterogeneous data sources: RDBMS-s, File Systems, Message Queues,
- DW Appliances, In-Memory Data Servers, Big-Data Sources.
- Data extraction, transformation and delivery process from any technology platform/data model to any technology platform/data model.
- Intelligent process and resources monitoring, management and optimization towards SLA-s satisfaction criteria.
- Data Quality Monitoring and Control.
- Leading Data Consumption projects: Design of Data Architecture, Process Architecture, and Platform Architecture.
- Leading Data Platform Development Projects: Design and Implementation of Data Source Abstraction Connectors, Data Extraction and Ingestion Algorithms.
5+ years' experience in the following Areas:
- Software Engineering and Programming
- Data Structures: Arrays, Lists, Queues, Heaps, Stacks, Trees, Graphs.
- Algorithms: Sorting, Searching, Hashing, Parsing, Greedy Algorithms, Graph Algorithms.
- Expert-Level Java server-side software design and development.
- Solid core Java and multithreading experience.
- Strong knowledge of socket programming and proficient in TCP/IP and UDP-based network programming (sockets, datagrams and multicasting) in Java.
- Solid understanding of the major design patterns.
- Experience working with any Parser Generators like ANTLR
- Experience writing any code generators based on your custom grammar.
- Relational Data Models Design. Big Data experience is a big plus(Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.).
- Any experience extending or contributing to open source frameworks is a big plus.
- Data Models: Conceptual, Logical, Physical.
- Relational Data Models. Components, Relation Types, Normal Forms and Normalization Procedures.
- Relational Data Models Design.
- Data Modeling Patterns: Super type-subtype, Star Schemas, Snowflakes, Dimensional Modeling. De-normalization procedures. SQL Parsing, Optimization and Execution
- Access paths, Filtering and Lookup Algorithms, Join Algorithms, Aggregation Algorithms.
- Join types and join algorithms
- Aggregation Functions
- Analytic Functions
- Data processing performance vehicles: Indexes and Indexing Strategies, Materialized Views, Clusters, Caching, Parallel Processing
- Partitioning Strategies.
- Transactions: Definition, Properties, Isolation Levels. Locking Strategies. Distributed Transactions.
BSc or higher in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary