|Reference # :||17-01076||Title :||Java Developer|
|Location :||Long Island City, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||06/27/2017|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Major Global Bank's goal is to become the World's Digital Bank. The Digital Major Global Bank Retail Bank and Mortgage Software Development Engineering Team is playing a big part in making that happen. While supporting existing application architecture, the team is embarking on new technologies including Responsive Web Design (RWD), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Microservices, and Web APIs for our Retail Bank and Mortgage businesses. We are also on a path of fully embracing an agile development methodology.
The Apps Dev Technical Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for all phases of development process – analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in agile development lifecycles.
- Collaborate with business partners to analyze user stories, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translate user stories into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with Digital's architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex financial applications.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/offshore contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
- Remain abreast of emerging Digital technologies.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of hands–on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE and Web Services.
- Experience with Java 8 and Gemfire
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit and LeanFT.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment.
- Familiar with git and RTC for source control
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is very desirable.
- Experience leading teams of up to 10 developers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
- Experience with layered architecture. esp. building micro services and connecting to API's.
- Experience with database schema design and JDBC
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary