Hands-on Senior Java Developer
|Reference # :||17-01487||Title :||Hands-on Senior Java Developer|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/02/2017 / 07/01/2018|
|Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.|
Hands-on Senior Java Developer: Margin Technology/ UI-UX & Core Java
The team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity operational margin system used to service our business areas. Our system is built using state of the art design and technologies, runs 24 x 6, processes a billion+ transactions monthly, services 200+ users and interacts with 50+ systems in batch and real-time. We provide a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and helping to execute on the day-to-day technical work needed to define, design and develop our platform.
- They would need to be extremely knowledge and hands-on in business, global margin and technology.
- Understanding the business area and user requirements - Study and understand the existing programs.
- Performing program design, coding and Development - Performing unit and integration testing. Producing documentation based on the company's standards.
- Evaluation and Recommendation for new technologies and updating versions of existing ones.
- Design reusable frameworks - Environment management and layout design.
- Unified Development environment (Developers systems as well as servers) - Continuous Integrations Building/maintaining.
- Will help reduce exposure to offshore contractors and improve value-add due to hire having more SME in financial services. Hire is part of build-out of Major Global Bank-employee team in Pune CTC.
- Technical SME responsible for executing the day-to-day technical work needed to develop and support the initiative globally.
- Will be working closely with the global team members to manage, plan, define and execute new development and enhancements.
- A mix of analysis, design and coding skills along with ability to talk directly with users and technology partners in executing their responsibilities in mandatory
- A small portion of their time will be dedicated to providing L3 support to our EMEA and APAC user base, critical as moves into this region more.
- 6+ years of experience
- Good hand-on technical execution, technical design and execution skills
- Good experience in UX and front-end development in building high-value user interfaces
- A do whatever it takes attitude, a dedication to quality, and complete attention to detail
- SmartGWT / GWT or any UI framework
- Core Java
- Spring, Hibernate, Unix scripting, Oracle PL/SQL
- Jasper Reports (Good to have)
- Strong in technology concepts and best practices.
- Excellent analytical with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Act with sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of banking, financial markets is desired.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong communication and soft skills.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary