|Reference # :||17-00974||Title :||Data Analyst|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/19/2017 / 10/18/2017|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Candidate should have 12+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a minimum of 8 years supporting Investment Banking IT projects in a major investment bank.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of transaction mechanics and market structure for all major product classes and instrument types: fixed income, treasury products, listed and OTC derivatives and
- Drive new product on-boarding onto the existing platform. Understand business requirements, interact with upstream source systems, perform data analysis, derive ETL mappings and customize the existing functionalities
- Analyze trading and settlement data from various Major Global Bank sources: front end trading systems, and historical databases. Reconcile source data to various Exchange, Broker, banks reports and invoices.
- Perform data validation, conversion and massaging to Strategic Platform's format. Ensure data quality and accuracy. Write sql queries for different source databases by interpreting their data models
- Map the data from external sources to Strategic platform. Create and maintain the Strategic platform's data standards. Identify data exception conditions.
- Analyze data requirements and design data models in both OLTP and OLAP using ERD and dimensional modeling. Translate business requirements into data fields.
- Meet with subject matter experts from the business line to determine reporting requirements
- Analyze the impact of requirements changes on existing system and there by effect the changes
- Perform development, user acceptance testing and production checkouts. Support development and testing cycles and manage UAT.
In depth financial product knowledge : Equity, Fixed Income (Treasury, Bonds etc), Derivatives (Futures, Options, Swaps, Interest Rate Products, Equity, Credit etc ), Foreign Exchange, Commodities etc.
Data Architect in both OLTP/OLAP environments including data modeling, dimensional modeling, Data Mapping, ETL Design/Transformation and Metadata repository. Familiarity with Data Modeling Tools such as Erwin, ERStudio, or System Designer
SQL skills and an understanding of a RDBMS System. Netezza experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux - experience in writing simple commands.
Experience with data warehousing, BI Tools like QLikview / qliksense is a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science & Engineering. Masters Degree in Computer Science & Engineering is a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary