|Reference # :||17-01056||Title :||Change Manager|
|Location :||Columbus, OH|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/03/2017 / 03/02/2018|
|Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.|
Within the Change and Release Management team, there is a need for a change and release management associate. This is a hands-on role and the associate will drive the plan and coordination of releases and changes being introduced into the production & non-production environment. The individual will need to be technically knowledgeable about hardware and software infrastructure, understand the change management process, be knowledgeable about integrated solutions and provide quality service to customers.
This person will be responsible for working with application teams to gather the change details and the related business impact / exposures provided by the respective application teams and translate them into change tickets runbooks / playbooks / scripts to follow on day of release.
The details will be used in the various communications related to the major change event and directed to the various audiences. The planned change event will include the deployment lifecycle of pre-deployment activities, deployment, post implementation validation at both the technical and business levels. Investment Bank standards and policies must be adhered to and all risk and control items must be highlighted.
The person will be responsible for the coordinating mandatory patching across production and non-production environments. The person will be responsible coordinating changes and releases for JUAT (Joint Users Acceptance Testing) ensuring the stability of the environment.
The person will be on point to the participating applications teams and support teams and therefore should develop knowledge of the applications and flows to proactively spot risk and or contention. Knowledge of ITRS to implement proactive / reactive monitoring to prevent unscheduled interruption to services should be developed.
These activities will also include being a point of escalation for gathering application support, taking the appropriate corrective actions to reduce interruptions, determining root cause and necessary improvements to prevent the issue in the future.
Production of status reports, metrics reporting and proactive steps to improve productivity and efficiency are expected.
Required skills and responsibilities
- 4-8 years of experience in change and release management
- Solid organization and project management skills, PMP certified a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical experience and knowledge of integrated solutions residing across multiple technologies and environments.
- Highly Proficient with the Microsoft suite of productivity tools including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite including MS Project and Visio.
- Aware of hardware and software environment monitoring benefits
- Facilitate meetings with an audience consisting of multiple disciplines and enabling the exchange of ideas to achieve the desired result.
- Solid analytical skills to help direct the teams to solve the problem and to perform data analytics on trends being observed within the various levels of the application environment
- Knowledgeable of Software Development Lifecycle processes and controls
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary