|Reference # :||17-00816||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Tampa, FL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||05/16/2017|
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Business Analyst Position
The candidate will require a background in business analytics with a solid understanding of the core disciplines of testing. A strong emphasis will be placed on facilitating workshops to define business and functional requirements, testing coverage, adherence to testing traceability, designing testing strategies, developing test cases and scripts, oversight of test execution and defect identification and retest planning. Understanding technical documentation and interpreting the requirements to logical testing requirements is a critical factor to the success of testing. Analysis of defects is also critical to the success of the project and requires prompt attention to pinpoint areas of concern or opportunity. Experience with testing tools will also be required. The Business Analyst will manage and interact with the US and global teams within the technology, business and testing teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support BRD author in completion of intelligent and complete business requirements
- Author functional requirement documents for development teams
- Lead round table reviews of documentation to secure acceptance and sign-off
- Traceability from BRD to FRD/MDD and requirement input into Test Director
- Manage and develop Test Strategy Plans
- Acquire and evaluate all project documentation for test planning
- Coordinate and plan all phases of the testing lifecycle activities: Test case development, Test Script development, Data Strategy, Validation Requirements, Test Execution, and Post Implementation Support.
- Define detail testing coverage for all development test classes
- Coordinate system testing windows with technology partners
- Manage Defect Management process, report, analyze, and escalate problems and issues
- Provide testing guidelines, training, and assistance to test executors and analysts
- Provide daily and weekly progress reports of all stages of testing activities utilizing testing tools and standards
- Partner with QC & UAT test leads / testers for knowledge transfer of new software functionality
- Participate in the UAT Business Scenario Workshop
Key competencies include:
Industry specific competencies/ ability to learn:
- Required experience in Security Services products with emphasis on Settlements and Asset servicing (Corporate Actions and Income processing).
- Knowledge of Swift 5XX electronic messaging
- Experience with mainframe or web application requirement documentation and testing.
- Strong background and understanding of the System Development Lifecycle, with focus on requirement traceability and testing methodology
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to interact with varying levels within the business/product, operations and technology teams
- Ability to develop and document new system requirements and review/approve product/ops documentation
- Ability to facilitate facility cross-functional meetings
- Ability to provide leadership in a matrix management environment
- Knowledge of building and management a testing strategy
- Ability to create testing coverage by mathematically determining permutations and spreads based on key selection criteria.
- Project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong influencing, conflict management, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written documentation skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of Client Quality Center Tools
- Self motivated
- Proficient in MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
Years of experience:
3-7 years Business Analysis role
1-3 years Test Management, Undergraduate Degree in related field or equivalent job experience.
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary