Big Data Developer
|Reference # :||17-01020||Title :||Big Data Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||06/19/2017|
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Compliance Technology provides technology solutions to help Compliance manage the firm's regulatory and reputational risks, and enables them to advise and assist the firm?s businesses.
Data Analytics team part of Compliance Technology is seeking Java/Scala developers with deep knowledge of distributed computing principles.
The candidate is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage big data technologies and enable large scale event processing where events are inspected by machine learning and statistical policy based models.
Successful candidate will join a team of talented and motivated developers working on strategic and highly visible projects within the firm.
- Building frameworks and data model for storage and enrichment of business metrics, Orders executions, allocated trades, positions, and reference data
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- 5 to 7 years of software development experience
- Experience with Big Data, distributed systems using Spark, Scala, Java, Python
- Java/Scala development experience in a Unix/Linux environment is required
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Hadoop v2, Spark, MapReduce, HDFS
- Financial Products experience: Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, Loans
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
Job Status: Contract/Temporary